A football fan’s biggest fear during the international break has occured with the injuries to Cambiasso (15 days) and Milito (One Month). This means both will miss at least the first Tottenham Champions League game and possibly more. Cambiassio is the bigger loss now since he is the brains on the pitch, our future coach as I like to call him. Especially with Motta just finally coming back from injury will need time to back to full force, and Mariga is a different player completely. The good thing for the Midfield is that Zanetti will be back and so will be able to shoulder the load of Esteban’s absence.
In the attacking part of this injury it just means Eto’o will get to play in his favorite position for a full month without the worry of being pushed outside because of Milito. Plus Diego has been basically absent all season so maybe it isn’t such a bad problem (I kid of course, Milito is awesome). This is both good and bad. Good in that Inter takes complete advantage of Eto’o's devestating form now. Bad because when Milito is healthy again will ego’s clash? I hope not.
The good news from this International break is that our youngsters have had a chance to shine. Coutinho played a good 45 minutes for Brazil. Santon, Ranocchia and Destro all had a great outing with the Italian Under 21 team. Mariga it seems had a full match for Kenya. So the future is bright.
The most horrible part of the international break is the non stop speculation about the transfer market. It gets very annoying and this past week has been extremely ridiculous, plus non of it has been on the real position of need a full back (starter or back up I don’t care, we just need one.) Lets take a look-see at who’s been attached to us:
- Leonel Messi – The dream. Two things happened that have made everyone one go into a frenzy of speculation. Moratti joked about it to a group of fans that asked him for a January purchase. The second was Messi being in Milan to sign a deal with D&G. Now every site has how this maneuver is going to happen. I’ll tell you how… it isn’t.
- Kaka – this is just the press thinking Inter wants revenge because of Ibrahimovic moving to Milan. Never gonna happen.
- Karim Benzema – No thanks. Lazy and not needed. We need a player more like Balotelli in that we can play outside and upfront.
- Edin Dzeko – too expensive for what we are trying to do these days. If he comes Eto’o or Milito has to leave. Plus Destro is coming back at some point.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger – This one makes sense but wont come cheap.
- Maicon on the way out – This story will never end as long as Real Madrid is in existence. His agent wants to make him one of the highest paid players in the club. Didn’t we just give him a pay raise?
The only player that I really want papa Moratti to buy for us next summer is Javier Pastore. Watching him these last two seasons has been amazing. To think Inter passed up on him last summer. What a shame! I keep imagining an attacking lineup with Coutinho-Sneijder-Pastore supporting Eto’o with the all players interchanging positions throughout the game causing defenses to go insane. It would be beautiful! A man can dream.